Friday, September 25, 2009

All About ME! In Watercolor!

The ever fun Etsy Bloggers Team is having another carnival! Unfortunately for me, all the recent carnivals have been photo-based. Now, shop images notwithstanding,I have an innate mistrust of photographs, at least as applied to people. The problem is that people think photographs are accurate, and thus complete. In fact, photographs leave out almost everything important almost every time. I can't get behind the idea that you'll know me better just for seeing a photo.

Also, my camera is broken.

But my scanner works! So, here is collection of things you would never know from a mere photograph:




Notice that you have now also learned that I have abysmal handwriting, and that I am far too trusting of very cheap paper. Try getting THAT from a Polaroid, hah!

Ahem. Off to look at the blogs of people whose cameras have not deserted them.

8 comments:

Huzzah! Vintage said...

I also know that you have excellent taste in fashion ;)

Thanks for entering and good luck!

Carapace said...

Oh, it's surely my pleasure! I am all tenterhooky to see if I win. I have a vest picked out and everything!

Everyone who visits my comments, go check out HUzzah, she's having a giveaway! But let me win.;)

mermaiden said...

you are without doubt one of the most creative and opinionated people i know- i LOVE that about you.

and i had no idea camels had excssively large ankles. camelkles.

Carapace said...

Oh, yeah, camels got them some GInormous ankles. All their joints, really. They look like broomsticks jointed with cue balls. And they're full of grump. I recommend trying to ride one once, for the experience. And then never again.

And: Opinionated? Me? Hurrah! But now I'm afraid to ever introduce you to my husband...

Splendid Little Stars said...

AND you are hilarious!

Carapace said...

Thank yews, Stars!:D

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Hey - you may not have a working camera - but I LOVE how you did your post!

RainyDayArt said...

What a brilliant self portrait!