Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Sketchplosion 2: The Projecting Continues!

Hurrah huzzah, I'm back! Back in the world of the warm and the living! ...And the burst pipes and a waterless house and a few other minor inconveniences. But what does that matter when I've got an internet connection and a quiet house to keep me company, right? Right!

Still, last week's technical troubles did interfere with my artness--but not prevent it! Behold, the Flying Fish!


What do you all think? Especially those of you who voted for the Fish?

I would have liked to spend a little more time with it, but as agreed in the solemn confines of my own skull, it's been a week, however hectic, and the fish, it is done!

This week's selections may seem less varied than last- but that's why I need the advice of my blogworld! When I get two or three basic ideas for a piece, I'll usually get hung up choosing between them-- somehow I feel making both would be cheating as though I could plagiarize myself-- and the end result is that I make neither. It's in these close confines that an outside nudge is really liberating! So, once again, tell me which of these pieces I should focus on this week:






And, by the way-- if anyone's got a decent name for this weekly project, I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

rochambeau said...

Dear Cara,
Especially adore the drawing of the lady from the side view!!!

xox
Constance

mermaiden said...

the first one looks like she's shaping up to be some sort of steampunk Athena. awesome.
the 3rd one looks like she's in a birth puddle. ahem.

Rhonda said...

Me too, I vote the second sketch from the top, the lady with the side view. Your fish is beautiful!!! I am a new follower. Love your postings and your blog. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog! :-)