Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just for Fun, to Pay it Forward

The Play of Light and Shadow has this little Halloween PIF going on:

And has generously capped it at three people, so the shy weird kid in class who only has three real blog readers can still play! Whew!
Having just survived our end-of-semester rush, I am feeling rather undead myself, and very much in the mood for some Halloweenness. So here's the deal: You be one of the first three commenters on this post, you get a big of Halloweeny suprise, drawn by me meyself. I do not promise it will be awesome, only original. Er. I will need to contact you for your mailing address, but worry not, I will not be mailing you dead fish or anything.
Then-of course-- you must go forth and Pay! Bwahaha! By offering a similar small bit of early Halloween to three readers on your blog! And linking back to me. Theoretically, if everyone did this faithfully, I guess a PIF could last forever! The sociologist in me is very interested to see that. Alack for proper network tracking software!
Ahem.Anyway.
Leave your comment, let me know you do want a bit o' art from me, and share your own Halloween spirit. Easy, right?
Now, I'm not gonna advertise this post. This is for long-timers, says me. So comment, I wanna know who I'm working for!

10 comments:

mermaiden said...

Halloween in May- I love it! And I started a blog, so I can play! Hooray! (some poetry for you). Yes I want some Halloween art from you...and now I need to think what to make......hmmmmmmm, I will post tomorrow.....

Carapace said...

Haha, yay! I was hoping you'd come along!:D Though I may find myself trapped in a loop, if you're going to be offering something of your making...

Anonymous said...

Though I don't have much of a Halloween spirit in May or October so I will not be playing, I think who ever started this had a good idea. Have fun.

AMOzarkian said...

This is an awesomely nifty idea and you know I LOVE your artwork! I'm in. I can offer Halloween cards! I love Halloween any time of year! Sweet! :)

Carapace said...

Yaaay, I've got my second recipient! And very happy about it I am.

One more to go! And then I can enter PIFs again!;D

Meri Greenleaf said...

lol! I'd jump in, but I already replied over at Julie's blog (wait, that was the blog I replied in, right? lol! I'm so out of it tonight!). That and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I can offer up that's Halloweeny that doesn't have *too* much work put into it, since I'd have to make three things.

Carapace said...

Rats, rats, rats! Here I thought my list was full, and I could go sign up with Mermaiden again.;P

Heeeeey, commenters! Roomm for one more!

Mermaiden, AMO, your stuff's in the mail!

Meri Greenleaf said...

LOL! Sorry about that. I could pretend to be someone else, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with me without pretending to be a different person. ;) I hope you get a third person soon!

AMOzarkian said...

Wow! I got my art in the mail today and dang you're talented woman! :) It is so incredibly awesome! Thank you. Unfortunately, people must think I suck because I didn't get a single comment here or on my MySpace blog where I also posted it. :( Oh well....what can you do, right? Thank you, thank you, thank you though - my witch is awesome! Cheers! :)

mermaiden said...

I loooooooove my Winnowitch! Robed in her own tresses (ouch! careful of splinters on that broom!), wearing a gorgeous slanted hat that leaves one pointy ear exposed...jumping up and down clapping my hands. Tee hee, you are spectacular.