Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter is Saved!

Strep throat is no one's idea of a fun holiday.* And the fact that I really like holidays--all holidays, no irony or burn out or anything- has made this Easter even less fun. I was resigned to moping my weekend away, trying to soothe my hurt feelings with nothing but the classic cheese of Turner Classic Movies' Easter Marathon (Ben Hur and Easter Parade? Really?)
And then:
The Egg Hunt.
THE Egg Hunt, for me-- from Clayoh, of the Etsyfriends team. A simple thing, find an egg in a listing, get that listing for shipping only...but look at the sort of things in Clayoh's shop!





Everything in Clayoh is weird, wonderful, elegant and eccentric at once. It's a fantastic shop, in the old sense of the word-fantasy-causing things are in there. In a movie, it would be played by a shop that wasn't there the day before, and would vanish mysteriously overnight.

Now, I sure hope Clayoh stays around a bit longer than that--but this awesome egg hunt really WILL vanish overnight. So go catch a fantasy now!



*This being the internet, it is possible there is someone here who just loooooves strep throat. Let's just say, you can have my share, and leave it at that.

14 comments:

KilaRohner.com said...

Sorry you have strep and best wishes for a quick recovery!

Clayoh's pieces are so interesting- I must go take a look!

Carapace said...

They're amazing, really! And Clayoh is super-nice. And the eggs are easy to find.

Hey, you know what else is super-nice? Our Kila is back! Woohoo! I seriously missed you, Girl.

Kara said...

That is the nicest idea ever! The egg hunt, I mean. Not the strep throat. That is all yuk, and limits chocolate bunny eating in a terirble way. I hope it leaves you alone soon.

Carapace said...

Coryell: It is just about the awesomest thing, I think. I'm amazed that there was no skimping on what could be a prize, either. I'm trying to think of a way to do that myself some time...

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

What a cool shop! Thanks for sharing with us :) Just don't share the strep :P Feel better hon!

nutmeg click said...

oh my! do feel better soon.

Sue said...

oh dear...strep is NO fun, wishes for a speedy recovery!

LOVE that shop! Thank you so much for sharing.

Happy Easter wishes to you!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon. I also enjoyed the TCM Easter Movie Marathon. That egg hunt in clayhoes shop is amazing!

Carapace said...

Hi, Berry! Your avatar is making me think of lemon drops now...

Sue! Roseworks! Nice to see you lovelies haven't abandoned me.:) I have some serious blog reading to do, I know that!

Nutmeg-- you are a dangerous reminder of my ephemera addiction today, you know that?;)

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Sorry you have strepthroat on Easter but glad you found the easter egg hunt.

esque said...

Bummer about your strep! Feel better soon!
I love the idea of a virtual egg hunt! Sounds so much fun!

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]

MagicMarkingsArt said...

beautiful eggcentric easter pieces. hope your day was wonderful.

Carapace said...

Hey, Esque! It was fun. I hope you got to play too.

Howdy, MMA!

Aw, Grandma, it'll mend. It's not something complicated, just painful and annoying. But thanks!

seababejewelry said...

We found an egg too! Thanks clayoh! You rock!