Monday, April 27, 2009

Eggs!

Wow, it's been a while! Well, in internet time. Ah, the interent, where a week is long enough to make people think I have died.
But I have not died! I have been busy! With what, you may well ask?








Yes, I finally managed to get my Eastering in this year! I am not able to celebrate my All Chocolate's Eve days as I have in years past, but Easter still offers the chance to get my hands covered in food coloring and other instruments of destruction. A friend of ours with a bigger kitchen than my own wee shoebox provides the stage, and my husband and I go madart on a bunch of hardboiled canvases.

My husband's waaaaay better at manipulating the eggses, to the point where I'm sometimes sorry to eat his work (he made the lovely phoenix egg there at the end). But alack, all art is impermanent, eggs epsecially so, and the fruits of our labor must vanish in a fit of kedgeree and Scottish Eggs this week.

So that's where I've been. But I've also been working! Lots of stuff is getting prepped for the Etsy store, and some personal projects are underway, which I will tell my bloggy faithful about when I am further along. Until then, check out my latest team contest:

http://etsytx.ning.com/page/april-design-challenge-poll

In which you can vote for me! Or not. But no, really, vote for me!

See you tomorrow, weather permitting (aiiee! Thunder booms!)

9 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

beautiful, artsy eggs!
fun contest! I like your Butterfly Distraction story.

Carapace said...

Aw-! Thanks for stopping by! I've always been fond of the butterfly tale myself. And there's a story behind your name, surely?

Memories for Life said...

The eggs look like so much fun!
I tell myself each year that I'm going to decorate eggs...and never seem to get it done!
Now off to vote for ya :)

Sue said...

Cara, your eggs are beautiful! I had fun reading the stories to your entries in the team contest also. The butterfly tale is perhaps my favorite, but the "no ring" one rings (no pun intended LOL) so true, and the Tumbling Troupe is
also great! Well done!

mermaiden said...

glad to see you back; was hoping that strep wasn't keeping you down. but now i see that it was latent possession by the goddess Eostre- ha!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Love the eggs! Headed off to vote for you )

Carapace said...

Memories, I think you probably do equivalent things..the important part of eggness, for me, besides the social bit, is that it's a project that is pure fun with no expectations at all for the results. Well, I get disappointed if I can't eat the eggs. But you know what I mean. It's just pure painty goofery.

Sue- see, I knew some of FAEttes would know what I was talkin' about, there!

Mermaiden-- actually, don't tell anyone, but I'm trying to get some work done! Wacky, I know!

Rosey Posey-thanks for the vote!

CC said...

These are amazing!!!! We didn't even try to dye eggs this year since no one will eat them afterwards! ;)

uniquecommodities said...

WOW! Tres Artsy Eggs! Now that is talented! You go girl~