Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Daily Sketch: Bikegirl

*Squeaks in*

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna have to change the idea if I don't catch up...but I still want to post daily! Dial up is not my fault! Um...vote Obama, he'll give me high speed access so I can update regularly!
F'serious. He said so. I am SO open to candidate internet bribes. I would watch American Idol if it meant I could have high speed internet access.

Anyway off the political, into the odd:



The original was hand-drawn, but I traced over it and colored it with the tablet. Still not entirely comfortable with my linework there. I want to be good enough I can comic with the thing, but that may be a ways off...what do ya'll think?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Cara, I love that. It is humorous yet funny.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I LoVE the weirdness in this one!

Carapace said...

Thanks ya'll! What do you think? Prints?

panoptica said...

I like your sketch Cara!!! no linework problems... I don't see those...

wish i could draw like that... **sigh**

Mannie of MannieMandible said...

This is awesome Cara! I loveeee the idea... Bikegirl, it's ingenius! I really like the era you used with the girl (: I definintly say prints!

<3 Mannie
MVincent.etsy.com

Carapace said...

Oh, Papnotica, set your sites higher!

Mannie, thanks. I think I'll do that this week!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

love it! brings to mind (in a tangential way) that 'woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle' quote. very clever!